Every vertical panel saw worldwide, regardless of the manufacturer, is still based on Striebig's basic principle: traversing saw beam, fixed vertical cutting point, 90° swivelling saw unit and a moving support frame.
Essential advantages of the "vertical system":
- minor floor area requirements in m²
- "accurate" sawing technology
- easy material handling (feeding)
Floor area requirements:
- Striebig: approx.. 5,6 - 14,6 m²
- Sliding table saws: approx. 3,2 - 40 m²
- Striebig: material fixed in vertical position
- Sliding table saw: saw material is pushed
In the case of manual handling, Striebig saws permit easy transport of the panel from the store to the saw.